Instant Alert: I tried a $99-a-month service that gave me unlimited access to luxury dresses and I'm obsessed

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Your Message Subject or Title

  MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS   |   UNSUBSCRIBE   |   VIEW ONLINE
 
 
 
 
 

I tried a $99-a-month service that gave me unlimited access to luxury dresses and I'm obsessed

by Jillian D'Onfro on Nov 29, 2015, 2:16 PM

Advertisement

Over the past two months, I've fallen in love with a new retail service that gives me unfettered access to gorgeous clothes and jewelry from designers like Tory Burch and Jason Wu.

Called Rent the Runway Unlimited, it lets me pay a monthly subscription fee (originally $99 a month, now $139 a month) to get access a wide variety of outfits and accessories.

The service hasn't been without its problems. Rent the Runway's CEO Jenn Hyman admits Unlimited, which rolled out a year ago, has gone through about 40 different versions as the company struggles to make it successful.

But from a customer perspective, it's worked well the past few months. And it has completely changed the way I view my wardrobe.

Here's the deal:

SEE ALSO: There are two kinds of tech people — which are you?

I first heard about Rent the Runway Unlimited when company CEO Jennifer Hyman talked about it at last year's South By Southwest conference.



Rent the Runway's primary business is leasing out dresses on a one-off basis. They usually cost under $100 for either a four- or eight-day rental. But Unlimited offers something completely different.



The rules are simple: Pay $99 and receive as many dresses, accessories, or everyday-wear clothing that you can squeeze into a month's time.



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


 
Share the latest business news with your network:

Facebook Share Twitter Share Email Share
Email sent to:   |   Manage your email preferences   |   Unsubscribe

Terms of Service   |   Privacy Policy

Business Insider. 150 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011
Sailthru

0 comments:

Post a Comment