Instant Alert: 30 appliances and tools that we swear by in the kitchen, from a $6 fish spatula to a $340 Dutch oven

Posted On // Leave a Comment

Your Message Subject or Title

  MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS   |   UNSUBSCRIBE   |   VIEW ONLINE
 
 
 
 
 

30 appliances and tools that we swear by in the kitchen, from a $6 fish spatula to a $340 Dutch oven

by Connie Chen on Jul 30, 2018, 3:59 PM

The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.

made in nonstick

From those who prioritize speed, convenience, and simplicity to those who cook every night and spend their weekends embarking on multiple-hour culinary adventures, the Insider Picks team consists of home cooks of all levels. Regardless of our differences in cooking style or interest in food, what we all know is that the accessories, cookware, and appliances we use matter.

We've tested a variety of kitchen products for review and in our personal lives, but there are a few favorites we always rely on and return to. There are no tricks or gimmicks with the kitchen tools we really care about — just quality, efficacy, and value. That means you'll see some investment pieces, but you'll also see small gadgets that prove you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars to become a great cook. 

These are the 30 products we swear by in the kitchen and use every day to make our favorite meals and beverages. 

If you're looking for more kitchen tools and gadgets at a variety of price points, here are our recommendations: 

A George Foreman grill that lets you make full meals in under 10 minutes

George Foreman 4-Serving Grill and Panini Press, $28.01, available at Amazon

I don’t enjoy cooking, but I do enjoy how much healthier and more affordable it is than eating out. This cheap $30 George Foreman grill my dad sent me in the mail as an “I’m worried about you not eating enough protein” gift is the only reason I eat healthy. You can cook a full meal (veggies, meat, paninis, etc.) on it in under 10 minutes and finish cleanup in five thanks to the removable plates. It’s the best gift I’ve gotten in years, and it makes home cooking and meal prep far easier than anything else I own. —Mara Leighton, Insider Picks reporter



A top-rated pour-over coffee maker

Chemex Classic Series Pour-Over Glass Coffeemaker (6-Cup), $41.32, available at Amazon

The Chemex is my favorite way to make coffee. I saw it in a fancy coffee store a couple years ago and got one shortly after. I love the design and it just makes a great cup of coffee. I don't have a huge kitchen so anything larger than this would take up too much space. Yes, it is more of a process than a straightforward coffee maker, but I don't drink coffee every morning so I'm fine with that. It forces me to pay attention to making coffee, which means I end up with a better cup. Breton Fischetti, Insider Picks vice president



A convenient slicer that will make you wonder how you ever prepared avocados in the past

OXO Good Grips 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer, $9.99, available at Amazon

I make guacamole about once a week, and I don't know how I'd do it without OXO's 3-in-1 slicer. It has a plastic blade to slice the outside of the avocado in half, a pit remover, and a slicer to cut the avocado into perfect slices. The pit remover is my favorite part, because it eliminates the danger of removing the pit with a knife or by other means. —Malarie Gokey, Insider Picks guides editor



See the rest of the story at Business Insider


 
Share the latest business news with your network:

Facebook Share Twitter Share Email Share
  

Email sent to: nguyenvu1187.love5@blogger.com   |   Manage your email preferences   |   Unsubscribe

Terms of Service   |   Privacy Policy

Business Insider. 150 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10011
Sailthru

0 comments:

Post a Comment